Prepare and Save
How Safe Is Your Home From High Winds?
Have us determine your risk
We offer comprehensive wind mitigation inspection services at 1st Choice Inspectors, LLC. The purpose of a windstorm inspection is to determine the appropriateness of a given structure’s construction in the event of strong winds, such as those present in a hurricane.Windstorm inspections look for construction features that have been shown to reduce losses in hurricanes, such as a hip roof, concrete block construction, the presence of gable end bracing, shutters and opening protections, the presence of roof to wall attachments such as clips or hurricane straps and the presence of a secondary water resistance barrier. A homeowner with windstorm insurance can often submit the results of a windstorm inspection to their insurer to obtain discounts on their windstorm insurance. Items the inspector will look at:
- Roof covering and date of installation
- Roof deck attachment- nails, screws, or staples along with the size and spacing
- Roof to wall attachment- nails, clips, or straps
- Roof bracing and shape of roof
- Wall construction types-usually frame or block
- Secondary water barriers-self adhering polymer modified bitumen or foam
- Opening protection-impact tested and approved products, not wind-resistant or pressure tested.
If any of these home elements are not hurricane rated, your house could be at risk for wind damage. Don’t ignore the problem until it’s too late. Contact 1st Choice Inspectors today at 386-916-0966 to see if your home needs help.
WHY SHOULD YOU GET A WIND MITIGATION INSPECTION?
Wind mitigation inspections determine the appropriateness of a given structure’s construction in the event of strong winds, such as those present in a hurricane. Depending on the construction of your home, you may be able to save a considerable amount of money on your insurance.