Have you ever been exposed to a plant of the toxicodendron genus? You probably know them better as poison ivy, poison sumac and poison oak. If you had been exposed to one of them, you would know it, because they cause severe allergic reactions, sometimes as serious as large blisters which could require hospitalization.

Once you have been exposed, you also run the risk of spreading the oil that causes the rash if you touch or scratch the affected area, since the oil tends to cling on to the area.

Your best protection is to learn how to identify these plants and then exercise extreme care when dealing with them. Dead and wilted plants can still be toxic. Burning these plants is also very dangerous, since the smoke could cause some very serious respiratory problems. Even if you wear a breathing mask to protect yourself, the smoke could easily travel into your neighbors yard and pose a danger to them. If you ever have to remove these plants, make sure you are protected from head to toe, not leaving any skin exposed.

error: Content is protected !!

What Every Home Buyer inFlorida Should Know

Buying a home in Florida? Then there is some important information you should know and that comes from a home inspector's point of view.

Buying a home is a big risk no matter how you look at it, but this information can make the difference between buying the home of your dreams... or ending up in a nightmare...

Submit your email below to get your free information.

You have Successfully Subscribed!